This week we are looking at our local environment. At the moment there seems to be lots of discussion in the media around protecting our rivers and lakes. I often wonder what I could be doing better to help lessen this problem.
This is the beautiful part of Aotearoa that I live in and what our local council is doing to preserve it.
1. Our environment is precious. What are some of the environmental issues facing New Zealand at the moment?
2. What are some things you do at home to help reduce waste/rubbish?
3. Tell us about the things that happen at your school to reduce waste and save energy?
4. What is one thing you could do better or more often to reduce waste at your school?
5. Can one person make a difference or do we need a team approach?
6. NZ has lots of endangered species. What can we do to ensure future generations see them?
7. Have you been involved in any school or community events to protect our environment?
8. Design a way to reduce the amount of packaging around morning tea snacks.
9. Do you have any local environmental hero's that are looking after your local environment?