OK, you asked for it so here it is a whole chat dedicated to SPORTS!
New Zealand is blessed with a whole host of talented sportsmen and sportswomen. However we often only hear about a few sports in the media.
This week my challenge to you this week is:
Search for our sporting success stories that we haven't heard about. It could be a local star, a local team, or a national team. But lets try and find people who play sports that normally don't get media coverage. Bonus points if can connect with them via Twitter!
I want to keep it 'Kiwi' this week with sports, but thought this was an amazing sport that had to be shared!
Lots to discuss in this week's chat. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on Wednesday at 2pm.
Please remember to update your class' bio on Twitter - we like to connect with each other. This information helps us to see where you are from, and what year level you are. It's also really important that your teacher's Twitter handle is included on the bio.
1.What are the most important attributes that a sportsperson should posses?
2. What are the benefits of playing in a sports team?
3. Should playing in a sports team be compulsory for children at primary school?
4. How do you cope with failures on the sports field?
5. Children often get hurt or injured playing sports. Should children be allowed to play risky contact sports when there is a risk of being hurt?
6. What has been the most important life skills you have learnt playing sport and why?
7. If you could choose a New Zealand sportsperson to have breakfast with who would it be?
8.How does sport at school help you with your learning in other subjects?
9.What is your favourite sport to play and why?