Our Week 5 chat is all about celebrating being a New Zealander and all the beautiful cultures that we have here in NZ.
Here are some interesting challenges to help you along the way:
- Redesign a piece of kiwiana using another culture as inspiration.
- Create a visual or digital mihi, pepeha or biopoem. A template for a biopoem is here.
- Write a poem about being a New Zealander.
- Write or draw to explain the whakatauki: "He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!" which translates into "What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!"
- Plan a time capsule to showcase New Zealand - what would you put in it?
Q1. Where were you born and how long have you lived in NZ?
Q2. What languages can you speak? or what language would you like to learn and why?
Q3. What are the best and worst things about living in NZ?
Q4. How many cultures/nationalities are there in your class or school? What are they?
Q5. What is something that you have learned about a different culture?
Q6. What would you put in a time capsule to celebrate NZ culture?
Q7. If you could make another NZ public holiday, what would it be and why? Eg Matariki, Diwali, Chinese New Years or something else.
Q8. What does being a New Zealander or Kiwi mean to you? How does it make you feel?
Please be ready to share one of the challenges you've completed with us.